Praxis

Praxis – Froebel Decade

STEP 1:

Looking back at what I learned about ecofeminism, the topics that I enjoyed the most were women-nature association, bodies, and state/government. However, the one that stuck with me the most was the women-nature association topic because of all the images that we are often surrounded by and don’t understand them because it has become normal and we don’t question it. This is why I want to use my Facebook account to post these images for a week and explain what they mean as a way to inform the women on my Facebook about the meanings of these images and the messages behind them. The idea is to raise awareness among women so that women can recognize these images and messages as soon as they see them and stop reproducing patriarchy. As women, we can also reproduce patriarchy, consciously or unconsciously, but if we know how to recognize patriarchy when we see it, we can put a stop to it and not tolerate it. This idea can work because things spread quickly on the Internet, so if people start sharing it, the message will get delivered faster.

My plan is to post a new image everyday for seven days. I will tag as many women as I can on the post to get them talking on the comments. This will also motivate the women to share the posts and tag their female friends as well. I also plan on encouraging women to post their own images that they find to be patriarchal and denigrate women. If women start doing this, this can become an online challenge, which is a very common thing on social media, and everyone, not just women, will take on the challenge and post images that show women as an object. A common way that people do these challenges is by nominating people of their choice on the post and challenging them to do the same thing. This is something that people do on social media and in no time, you start seeing the same posts on everyone’s accounts.

What I hope to achieve through this is to educate women and build bonds between women so that we can fight against gender inequality in unity. My plan will be effective because I have a lot of feminist women on my Facebook account who will really like this idea and will support me. Also, women will feel empowered by this information and will want to pass it down to empower other women.